• June 7, Clean Air Carolina 5K Run & Walk, The fifth annual event takes place at 8 a.m. at Historic Rural Hill Nature Preserve, 4431 Neck Road, Huntersville. Registration costs $25 May 23-June 6 or $30 on race day. The event benefits Clean Air Carolina, a nonprofit working for clean air in the Charlotte region. Details: www.cleanaircarolina.org.
• June 12, River Jam Run: Run in a 3-mile or 6-mile course at 6:15 p.m. at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy., Charlotte. Advance registration costs $10 online and $15 on race day. T-shirts cost extra. Details: www.usnwc.org.
• June 21, SHAPE Diva Dash, The SHAPE Diva Dash 5K-obstacle run starts off in waves 9-10:45 a.m. June 21 at Riverbend Farm, 12150 McManus Road, Midland. The all-women run features a 5K course and a dozen obstacles designed to test speed, strength and agility. The event is open to girls ages 8 and older. Register at www.DivaDash.com.
• July 12, The Lake Norman Excursion Cycle: It consists of a 5K run at 7 a.m., 100-mile and 63-mile rides at 8 a.m., 38-mile ride at 8:10 a.m. and family fun ride at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s Corporate campus, 1000 Lowe’s Blvd. Registration for the 5K costs $25, fun ride costs $10, 38- or 63-mile bike ride costs $40, and 100-mile bike ride costs $45 through July 10. Add $5 on day of event. Discounts available for multiple events. Details: https://lakenormanrunride.racesonline.com.
• June 10, Lake Norman Giants, Registration is open through June 10 for Lake Norman Giants youth football. Play is open to ages 6-13 in various weight classes – Tiny Mite (35-75 pounds), Mitey Mite (45-90 pounds), Junior Pee Wee (60-105 pounds), Pee Wee (75-120 pounds) and Junior Midget (90-145 pounds). Details: www.lkngiants.com/.
• June 12, North Mecklenburg High School Booster Club’s 22nd Annual Golf Tournament, The tournament starts at 1 p.m. at Cowans Ford Country Club, 761 Club Dr, Stanley. It’s the largest fundraiser for the Vikings’ athletic program. Registration costs $90 and the format will be a four-person captain’s choice. Details: Buddy Caldwell, 704-778-1718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• June 14, Change the Course for Children: The captain’s choice tournament starts at 1 p.m. at Glen Oaks Country Club in Maiden. Players receive two mulligans. Entry costs $60, which includes green fees, cart and lunch. The event benefits the Boys & Girls Club, Lincoln Communities in Schools and the Lincoln County Child Advocacy Center.
• June 18, The 20th Annual John P. Campbell Memorial Golf Tournament: The event will be held at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. June 18 at Mallard Head Country Club. The tournament will have separate flights for female golfers and two hole-in-one contests. The tournament format will be a two-man Captain’s Choice. The rain date will be June 25. Entry fee costs $75, which includes cart and green fees, hotdogs and hamburgers, gifts and on-course refreshments. Proceeds support Hospice & Palliative Care of Iredell County. Register by June 11. Details: Lisa Parks, email@example.com or 704-924.4326.
• June 15, Intro to Paddleboarding: Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture partners with Aloha Paddle Sports and Fitness to offer one-day Intro to Paddleboarding classes 3:30-5:30 p.m. June 15 and 29, July 13 and 27, Aug. 10 and 24 and Sept. 7 and 21 at Ramsey Creek Park, 18441 Nantz Road, Cornelius. Ages 8 and older. A parent or guardian must accompany children, ages 8-11. The fee per class is $35 for Cornelius residents and $40 for others. Details: 704-892-6031, ext. 188.
• June 28, Adult Sailing Classes: Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture partners with North Carolina Community Sailing and Rowing to offer new two-day adult sailing classes 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. June 28-29, July 19-20 and August 9-10 at Blythe Landing, 15901 N.C. 73, Huntersville. Each two-day class costs $150. Details: www.cornelius.org/parc or 704-892-6031, ext. 188.
• June 14, Tri Latta Triathlon: The 11th annual event includes a 750-meter swim, 17-mile bike ride and 5K run at 6:30 a.m. at Latta Plantation, 5225 Sample Road, Huntersville. Registration fees range $60-$80 for individual and $120-$160 for relay team. Details: www.setupevents.com.
• June 22, HFFA Kids Triathlon Series: The race begins at 2 p.m. at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Register online costs $25 in advance and $30 on race days. Registration closes three days before the event. Details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/hffa-kids-tri/.
• July 27, HFFA Kids Triathlon Series: The race begins at 2 p.m. at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Register online costs $25 in advance and $30 on race days. Registration closes three days before the event. Details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/hffa-kids-tri/.
• Aug. 23, Lake Norman YMCA Sprint Triathlon: The triathlon begins at 7 a.m. at the Lake Norman YMCA, 21300 Davidson St. Registration is based on category selection. For pricing, visit www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2601. Participants will enjoy a 750-meter swim, a 17.8-mile bike ride and a 5K run. Details: www.ymcacharlotte.org/.