• June 12, River Jam Run: Run in a 3-mile or 6-mile course at 6:15 p.m. at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy., Charlotte. Registration costs $15 on race day. T-shirts cost extra. Details: www.usnwc.org.
• June 21, SHAPE Diva Dash, The SHAPE Diva Dash 5K-obstacle run starts off in waves 9-10:45 a.m. June 21 at Riverbend Farm, 12150 McManus Road, Midland. The all-women run features a 5K course and a dozen obstacles designed to test speed, strength and agility. The event is open to girls ages 8 and older. Register at www.DivaDash.com.
• July 10, River Jam Run: Run in a 3-mile or 6-mile course at 6:15 p.m. at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy., Charlotte. Advance registration costs $10 online and $15 on race day. T-shirts cost extra. Details: www.usnwc.org.
• Aug. 14, River Jam Run: Run in a 3-mile or 6-mile course at 6:15 p.m. at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy., Charlotte. Advance registration costs $10 online and $15 on race day. T-shirts cost extra. Details: www.usnwc.org.
• July 12, The Lake Norman Excursion Cycle: It consists of a 5K run at 7 a.m., 100-mile and 63-mile rides at 8 a.m., 38-mile ride at 8:10 a.m. and family fun ride at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s Corporate campus, 1000 Lowe’s Blvd., Mooresville. Registration for the 5K costs $25, fun ride costs $10, 38- or 63-mile bike ride costs $40, and 100-mile bike ride costs $45 through July 10. Add $5 on day of event. Discounts available for multiple events. Details: https://lakenormanrunride.racesonline.com.
• June 14, Change the Course for Children: The captain’s choice tournament starts at 1 p.m. at Glen Oaks Country Club in Maiden. Players receive two mulligans. Entry costs $60, which includes green fees, cart and lunch. The event benefits the Boys & Girls Club, Lincoln Communities in Schools and the Lincoln County Child Advocacy Center. Details: www.cac-lincolncounty.org.
• June 16, Chicks With Sticks Golf Invitational: The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce Diversity Council hosts the tourney for 9 a.m. at Northstone Country Club, 15801 Northstone Drive, Huntersville. The event includes a “Knights of the Fairway” mulligan package, putting contest and a 50/50 raffle. Register by noon June 13. Registration costs $75 for individuals and $280 for foursomes. Proceeds will benefit the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce Foundation. Details: 704-892-1922.
• June 15, Intro to Paddleboarding: Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture partners with Aloha Paddle Sports and Fitness to offer one-day Intro to Paddleboarding classes 3:30-5:30 p.m. June 15 and 29, July 13 and 27, Aug. 10 and 24 and Sept. 7 and 21 at Ramsey Creek Park, 18441 Nantz Road, Cornelius. Ages 8 and older. A parent or guardian must accompany children, ages 8-11. The fee per class is $35 for Cornelius residents and $40 for others. Details: 704-892-6031, ext. 188.
• June 28, Adult Sailing Classes: Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture partners with North Carolina Community Sailing and Rowing to offer new two-day adult sailing classes 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. June 28-29, July 19-20 and August 9-10 at Blythe Landing, 15901 N.C. 73, Huntersville. Each two-day class costs $150. Details: www.cornelius.org/parc or 704-892-6031, ext. 188.
• June 14, Swim team: Sailfish Aquatics, the newest competitive swim team at Huntersville Family Fitness and Aquatics, will have tryouts June 14. The team also will conduct tryouts by appointment. Sailfish is a year-round swim team that will begin training in September. The team offers professional coaching for all ages and abilities. Details: www.sailfishaquatics.org.
• June 14, Tri Latta Triathlon: The 11th annual event includes a 750-meter swim, 17-mile bike ride and 5K run at 6:30 a.m. at Latta Plantation, 5225 Sample Road, Huntersville. Registration fees range $60-$80 for individual and $120-$160 for relay team. Details: www.setupevents.com.
• June 22, HFFA Kids Triathlon Series: The race begins at 2 p.m. at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Register online costs $25 in advance and $30 on race days. Registration closes three days before the event. Details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/hffa-kids-tri/.
• June 18, Huntersville Parks and Recreations hosts open gym basketball for seniors 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays, June 18-Aug. 13, at Huntersville Elementary School, 200 Gilead Road, Huntersville. Details: 704-766-2220.
• June 18, Huntersville Parks and Recreation hosts open gym basketball for adults 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays, June 4-Aug. 27, at Waymer Center, 14200 Holbrooks Road, Huntersville. Details: 704-766-2220.