• April 26, The Kicks for Kids 5K/Doughnut Run/ Walk: Race begins at 8 a.m. at Waterfront Hall in Jetton Park, 19000 Jetton Park, Cornelius. Registration costs $25 for adults and $20 for ages 14 and younger. Pay $30 on race day. Details: www.kicksforkidsincharlotte.com.
• April 26, The YMCA Healthy Kids Day 5K: The race begins at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s YMCA, 170 Joe V. Knox Ave., Mooresville. Registration costs $30 on race day. Proceeds benefit the Lowe’s YMCA Community Support Campaign. Details: www.ymcacharlotte.org.
• April 27, The Jimmie Johnson Foundation 5K: The event consists of a 5K at 9 a.m. and a 1-mile family fun walk/run at 10 a.m. at Newell-Rubbermaid, 8926 Northpointe Executive Drive, Huntersville. Registration for the 5K costs $25 for the 5K, $10 for the fun run and $25 for both through April 25. Add $5 for registration on the day of the event. Details: http://jimmiejohnson5k.racesonline.com.
• May 3, Spartan 5K Race: The Community School of Davidson has added a half marathon to its annual 5K race. The half marathon begins at 8 a.m. and the 5K starts at 8:30 a.m. at the Davidson Town Green in downtown Davidson. Half marathon registration costs $55 for adults and $50 for students. 5K registration costs $30 for adults and $25 for students. Details: www.csd5k.wordpress.com.
• May 3, The Diaper Run 5K: The 1 mile fun run begins at 8:30 a.m. and The Diaper Run 5K begins at 9 a.m. at Bellingham Park, 1600 Bellingham Drive, Mooresville. Registration costs $12 for the fun run and $20 for the 5K. Proceeds go to Reach Out Orphan Ministries. Details: www.tinyurl.com/diaperrun5k.
• April 26, 3-on-3 Tournament: Gethsemane Baptist Church hosts a 3-on-3 girls and boys basketball tournament 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Davidson Day School, 750 Jetton St., Davidson. The tournament is open for students in grades 4-12. Registration costs $40 per team. Proceeds benefit the church’s youth ministry. Details: 704-892-1635, email@example.com or gbclakenorman.org.
• May 31, 3-on-3 Blacktop Challenge: The Town of Huntersville hosts an outdoor 3-on-3 basketball tournament at North Meck Park, 16131 Old Statesville Rd, Huntersville. The tournament includes several age groups, ranging from third grade to 50 and older. Proceeds go to Access to Success and Pro Skills Basketball Select. Details: www.proskillsbasketball.com.
• April 26, The 4th Annual Timmy Belcher Memorial: It consists of a 10-, 35- and 60-mile bike ride, as well as a 5K, 10K or 1 mile fun run. Registration starts at 6:30 a.m. at Western Avenue Baptist Church, 1206 Museum Road, Statesville. Cyclists depart at 8 a.m., followed by runners at 8:15 a.m. The fun run starts at 10 a.m. Details: https://RainbowKidzRideRun.itsyourrace.com.
• May 4, Intro to Paddleboarding: Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture partners with Aloha Paddle Sports and Fitness to offer one-day Intro to Paddleboarding classes 3:30-5:30 p.m. May 4 and 18, June 1, 15 and 29, July 13 and 27, Aug. 10 and 24 and Sept. 7 and 21 at Ramsey Creek Park, 18441 Nantz Road, Cornelius. Ages 8 and older. A parent or guardian must accompany children, ages 8-11. Registration costs $35 for Cornelius residents and $40 for others. Details: 704-892-6031, ext. 188.
• May 24, Adult Sailing Classes: Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture partners with North Carolina Community Sailing and Rowing to offer new two-day adult sailing classes 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. May 24-25, June 28-29, July 19-20 and Aug. 9-10 at Blythe Landing, 15901 N.C. 73, Huntersville. Each two-day class costs $150. Details: www.cornelius.org/parc or 704-892-6031, ext. 188.
• May 1, Tai Chi Classes: Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture offers tai chi classes by certified instructor 9:30-10:30 a.m. Thursdays, May 1-June 19 and May 3-June 21, at the Cornelius Town Hall, 21445 Catawba Ave. and Saturdays at Jetton Park, 19000 Jetton Road. Classes cost $40 for residents and $46 for others. Registration is required. Details: www.cornelius.org/parc or 704-892-6031, ext. 188.
• May 10, The Hershey’s Track & Field Games: Ages 9-14 compete at 9 a.m. at Bailey Road Park football field, 11900 Bailey Road, Cornelius. Details: Joey Bruce, Cornelius PARC, 704-892-6031, ext. 161, or www.hersheystrackandfield.com.
• April 26, May 25, June 22 and July 27, HFFA Kids Triathlon Series: Race 1 begins at 5 p.m. and Races 2-4 begin at 2 p.m. per day at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Register online costs $25 in advance and $30 on race days. Registration closes three days before the event. Details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/hffa-kids-tri/.
• April 27, Huntersville Sprint Triathlon: The triathlon begins at 8 a.m. at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Participants will swim 500 yards, bike 20 kilometers and run a 5K. Registration details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/huntersville-sprint-triathlon/.