• April 26, The Kicks for Kids 5K/Doughnut Run/ Walk: Race begins at 8 a.m. at Waterfront Hall in Jetton Park, 19000 Jetton Park, Cornelius. Registration costs $25 for adults and $20 for ages 14 and younger. Pay $30 on race day. Details: www.kicksforkidsincharlotte.com.
• April 26, The YMCA Healthy Kids Day 5K: The race begins at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s YMCA, 170 Joe V. Knox Ave., Mooresville. Registration costs $20 by March 31, $25 by April 23 and $30 on race day. Proceeds benefit the Lowe’s YMCA Community Support Campaign. Details: www.ymcacharlotte.org.
• April 27, The Jimmie Johnson Foundation 5K: The event consists of a 5K at 9 a.m. and a 1-mile family fun walk/run at 10 a.m. at Newell-Rubbermaid, 8926 Northpointe Executive Drive, Huntersville. Registration for the 5K costs $25 for the 5K, $10 for the fun run and $25 for both through April 25. Add $5 for registration on the day of the event. Details: http://jimmiejohnson5k.racesonline.com.
• May 3, Spartan 5K Race: The Community School of Davidson has added a half marathon to its annual 5K race. The half marathon begins at 8 a.m. and the 5K starts at 8:30 a.m. at the Davidson Town Green in downtown Davidson. Half marathon registration costs $50 for adults and $45 for students. 5K registration costs $25 for adults and $20 for students. Prices increase by $5 per participant after April 20. Details: www.csd5k.wordpress.com.
• May 3, The Diaper Run 5K: The 1 mile fun run begins at 8:30 a.m. and The Diaper Run 5K begins at 9 a.m. at Bellingham Park, 1600 Bellingham Drive, Mooresville. Registration costs $12 for the fun run and $20 for the 5K. Proceeds go to Reach Out Orphan Ministries to buy diapers for orphaned infants in Honduras. Register in advance or on race day. Details: www.tinyurl.com/diaperrun5k.
• May-September (second Thursday of each month), River Jam Run: Race Edition: Two races, 3-mile and 6-mile, begin at 6:15 p.m. at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy., Charlotte. Advance registration costs $10 online and $15 on race day. Details: www.usnwc.org/river-jam-run-race-edition.
• May 10, Run Wild 5K & Wild Child Fun Run: The 5K begins at 8 a.m. and the Fun Run begins at 9 a.m. at the Birkdale Residents Club, 8915 Devonshire Drive, Huntersville. Pre-race day registration for the 5K costs $25. The Wild Child Fun Run, for ages 11 and younger, costs $10. The event raises money for The African Children’s Project. Details: www.irunwild.org.
• May 10, Shirley’s Angels “Love Your Headlights” 5K: The charity run/walk includes a 5.5-mile event as well. The race kicks off at 7:30 a.m. at Huntersville Business Park, 13801 E. Reese Blvd., Huntersville. 5K registration costs $20 before April 24, $25 after and $30 on race day. 5.5-miler registration costs $30 before April 24, $35 after and $40 on race day. Details: www.shirleysangels.org.
• April 26, The 4th Annual Timmy Belcher Memorial: It consists of a 10-, 35- and 60-mile bike ride, as well as a 5K, 10K or 1 mile fun run. Registration starts at 6:30 a.m. at Western Avenue Baptist Church, 1206 Museum Road, Statesville. Cyclists depart at 8 a.m., followed by runners at 8:15 a.m. The fun run starts at 10 a.m. Registration costs $25 by April 23. Details: https://RainbowKidzRideRun.itsyourrace.com.
• April 26, May 25, June 22 and July 27, HFFA Kids Triathlon Series: Race 1 begins at 5 p.m. and Races 2-4 begin at 2 p.m. per day at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Register online costs $25 in advance and $30 on race days. Registration closes three days before the event. Details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/hffa-kids-tri/.
• April 27, Huntersville Sprint Triathlon: The triathlon begins at 8 a.m. at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Participants will swim 500 yards, bike 20 kilometers and run a 5K. Registration details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/huntersville-sprint-triathlon/.
• May 31, 3-on-3 Blacktop Challenge: The Town of Huntersville hosts an outdoor 3-on-3 basketball tournament at North Meck Park, 16131 Old Statesville Road, Huntersville. The tournament includes several age groups, ranging from third grade to ages 50 and older. Proceeds go to Access to Success and Pro Skills Basketball Select. Details: www.proskillsbasketball.com.
• April 23, Little Champions: Champions Sports Performance & Training Center offers a six-week exercise program, for parents and their young children, dubbed “Little Champions,” 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays, beginning April 23, at 18831 Statesville Road, Huntersville. The program costs $50 for parent/child team. Parents and children, ages 3.5-5, will train together. Details: www.championssportsperformance.com.
• May 10, The Hershey’s Track & Field Games: The event takes place at 9 a.m. at Bailey Road Park football field, 11900 Bailey Road, Cornelius. The event is for ages 9-14. Details: Joey Bruce, Cornelius PARC, 704-892-6031, ext. 161, or www.hersheystrackandfield.com.