• April 12, The Pawz Too Run 5K & Dog Walk: Race begins at 8:30 a.m. and lasts until 1:30 p.m. at Davidson Town Green, 119 S. Main St., Davidson. Registration costs $30. The event benefits Friends of the Animals. Details: www.friendoftheanimals.net.
• April 12, MICS Bring Spring 5K: The 5K begins at 9 a.m. at Belmont Abbey College, 100 Belmont-Mt. Holly Road, Belmont. Registration costs $25 for adults and $15 for children ages 18 and under. Families, non-runners, strollers and dogs are welcome. Details: https://www.smore.com/dyst.
• April 12, Color Vibe 5K: Thousands of runners/walkers will enjoy a fun-filled morning as they are blasted with powdered paint at several color stations located throughout the course 8-10 a.m. in Concord Mills’ parking lot, 8111 Concord Mills Blvd., Concord. Registration costs $45 in advance or $50 on race day (if not sold out). Details: www.thecolorvibe.com/charlotte.php.
• April 26, The Kicks for Kids 5K/Doughnut Run/Walk: Race begins at 8 a.m. at Waterfront Hall in Jetton Park, 19000 Jetton Park. Registration costs $25 for adults and $20 for ages 14 and younger. Pay $30 on race day. Details: www.kicksforkidsincharlotte.com.
• April 26, The YMCA Healthy Kids Day 5K: The race begins at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s YMCA, 170 Joe V. Knox Ave., Mooresville. Registration costs $20 by March 31, $25 by April 23 and $30 on race day. Proceeds benefit the Lowe’s YMCA Community Support Campaign. Details: www.ymcacharlotte.org.
• April 27, The Jimmie Johnson Foundation 5K: The event consists of a 5K at 9 a.m. and a 1-mile family fun walk/run at 10 a.m. at Newell-Rubbermaid, 8926 Northpointe Executive Drive, Huntersville. Registration for the 5K costs $25 for the 5K, $10 for the fun run and $25 for both through April 25. Add $5 for registration on the day of the event. Details: http://jimmiejohnson5k.racesonline.com.
• May 3, Spartan 5K Race: The Community School of Davidson has added a half marathon to its annual 5K race. The half marathon begins at 8 a.m. and the 5K starts at 8:30 a.m. at the Davidson Town Green in downtown Davidson. Half marathon registration costs $50 for adults and $45 for students. 5K registration costs $25 for adults and $20 for students. Prices increase by $5 per participant after April 20. Details: www.csd5k.wordpress.com.
• May 3, The Diaper Run 5K: The 1 mile fun run begins at 8:30 a.m. and The Diaper Run 5K begins at 9 a.m. at Bellingham Park, 1600 Bellingham Drive, Mooresville. Registration costs $12 for the fun run and $20 for the 5K. Proceeds go to Reach Out Orphan Ministries to buy diapers for orphaned infants in Honduras. Register in advance or on race day. Details: www.tinyurl.com/diaperrun5k.
• May-September (second Thursday of each month), River Jam Run: Race Edition: Two races, 3-mile and 6-mile, begin at 6:15 p.m. at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy., Charlotte. Advance registration costs $10 online and $15 on race day. Details: www.usnwc.org/river-jam-run-race-edition.
• May 10, Run Wild 5K & Wild Child Fun Run: The 5K begins at 8 a.m. and the Fun Run begins at 9 a.m. at the Birkdale Residents Club, 8915 Devonshire Drive, Huntersville. Pre-race day registration for the 5K costs $25. The Wild Child Fun Run, for ages 11 and younger, costs $10. The event raises money for The African Children’s Project. Details: www.irunwild.org.
• May 10, Shirley’s Angels “Love Your Headlights” 5K: The charity run/walk includes a 5.5-mile event as well. The race kicks off at 7:30 a.m. at Huntersville Business Park, 13801 E. Reese Blvd., Huntersville. 5K registration costs $20 before April 24, $25 after and $30 on race day. 5.5-miler registration costs $30 before April 24, $35 after and $40 on race day. Details: www.shirleysangels.org.
• April 26, The 4th Annual Timmy Belcher Memorial: It consists of a 10-, 35- and 60-mile bike ride, as well as a 5K, 10K or 1 mile fun run. Registration starts at 6:30 a.m. at Western Avenue Baptist Church, 1206 Museum Road, Statesville. Cyclists depart at 8 a.m., followed by runners at 8:15 a.m. The fun run starts at 10 a.m. Registration costs $25 by April 23. Details: https://RainbowKidzRideRun.itsyourrace.com.
• July 12, The Lake Norman Excursion Cycle: It consists of a 5K run at 7 a.m., 100-mile and 63-mile rides at 8 a.m., 38-mile ride at 8:10 a.m. and family fun ride at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s Corporate campus, 1000 Lowe’s Blvd., Mooresville. Registration for the 5K costs $25, fun ride costs $10, 38- or 63-mile bike ride costs $40, and 100-mile bike ride costs $45 through July 10. Add $5 on day of event. Discounts available for multiple events. Details: https://lakenormanrunride.racesonline.com.
• April 26, May 25, June 22 and July 27, HFFA Kids Triathlon Series: Race 1 begins at 5 p.m. and Races 2-4 begin at 2 p.m. per day at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Register online costs $25 in advance and $30 on race days. Registration closes three days before the event. Details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/hffa-kids-tri/.
• April 27, Huntersville Sprint Triathlon: The triathlon begins at 8 a.m. at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Participants will swim 500 yards, bike 20 kilometers and run a 5K. Registration details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/huntersville-sprint-triathlon/.