• March 29, The Color My Run 5K: Race begins at 9 a.m. and lasts until noon at Hambright Park. The event will be held at 2202 Hambright Road. Advance registration costs $35 and $50 on race day. Participants are drenched in a colored powder at each kilometer. Details: www.colormyrun.com.
• May 10, Run Wild 5K & Wild Child Fun Run: The 5K begins at 8 a.m. and the Fun Run begins at 9 a.m. at the Birkdale Residents Club, 8915 Devonshire Drive. Pre-race day registration for the 5K costs $25. The Wild Child Fun Run, for ages 11 and younger, costs $10. The event raises money for The African Children’s Project. Details: www.irunwild.org.
• April 26, May 25, June 22 and July 27, HFFA Kids Triathlon Series: Race 1 begins at 5 p.m. and Races 2-4 begin at 2 p.m. per day at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive. Register online costs $25 in advance and $30 on race days. Registration closes three days before the event. Details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/hffa-kids-tri/.
• April 27, Huntersville Sprint Triathlon: The triathlon begins at 8 a.m. at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive. Participants will swim 500 yards, bike 20 kilometers and run a 5K. Registration details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/huntersville-sprint-triathlon/.
• April 27, The Jimmie Johnson Foundation 5K: The event consists of a 5K at 9 a.m. and a 1-mile family fun walk/run at 10 a.m. at Newell-Rubbermaid, 8926 Northpointe Executive Drive. Registration for the 5K costs $25 for the 5K, $10 for the fun run and $25 for both through April 25. Add $5 for registration on the day of the event. Details: http://jimmiejohnson5k.racesonline.com.
• April 26, The Kicks for Kids 5K/Doughnut Run/ Walk: Race begins at 8 a.m. at Waterfront Hall in Jetton Park, 19000 Jetton Park. Registration costs $25 for adults and $20 for ages 14 and younger. Pay $30 on race day. Details: www.kicksforkidsincharlotte.com.
• Aug. 23, Lake Norman YMCA Sprint Triathlon: The triathlon begins at 7 a.m. at the Lake Norman YMCA, 21300 Davidson St. Registration is based on category selection. For pricing, visit http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2601. Participants will enjoy a 750-meter swim, a 17.8-mile bike ride and a 5K run. Details: http://www.ymcacharlotte.org/.
• April 12, The Pawz Too Run 5K & Dog Walk: Race begins at 8:30 a.m. and lasts until 1:30 p.m. at Davidson Town Green, 119 S. Main St., Davidson. Registration costs $30. The event benefits Friends of the Animals. Details: www.friendoftheanimals.net.
• March 29, Miles for Marnie 5K: The 5K begins at 8 a.m. at Davidson Elementary School, 635 South St., Davidson. Registration costs $30. Davidson Timing will time the event as runners wind through the streets and greenways of Davidson. Proceeds will fund the Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation for cancer research. Details: www.marniejudefoundation.org/events/.
• Sept. 7: The Lake Davidson Sprint Triathlon: The event consists of a 500-yard swim, 12-mile bike ride and 5K run at 8 a.m. at Ingersoll Rand Campus, 800 Beaty St., Davidson. Registration costs $65 for individuals and $110 for relay teams through Sept. 5. Details: https://lakedavidsonsprint.racesonline.com.
Eastern Lincoln County
• April 5, The iKnight Tech Drive 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run: The fun run begins at 8:30 a.m. and the 5K starts at 9 a.m. at North Lincoln High School, 2737 Lee Lawing Road, Pumpkin Center. 5K registration costs $20 through April 4 and $25 on race day. Fun run registration costs $10 through April 4 and $15 on race day. The proceeds benefit the iKnight Tech Drive Fundraiser. Details: www.nlhs.lincoln.k12.nc.us.
• May 23, Mission Miles 5K Trail Run: The 5K Run begins at 6 p.m. at The Sally’s YMCA, 1601 Forney Creek Pkwy., Denver. Registration costs $20 for YMCA members and $25 for others. Register online or race day. Proceeds benefit the Lincoln County Y Readers program. Details: www.ymcacharlotte.org/branches/sallys/socialresp/events/5ktrailrun.aspx.
• April 26, The YMCA Healthy Kids Day 5K: The race begins at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s YMCA, 170 Joe V. Knox Ave. Registration costs $20 by March 31, $25 by April 23 and $30 on race day. Proceeds benefit the Lowe’s YMCA Community Support Campaign. Details: www.ymcacharlotte.org.
• May 3, The Diaper Run 5K: The 1 mile fun run begins at 8:30 a.m. and The Diaper Run 5K begins at 9 a.m. at Bellingham Park, 1600 Bellingham Drive. Registration costs $12 for the fun run and $20 for the 5K. Proceeds go to Reach Out Orphan Ministries to buy diapers for orphaned infants in Honduras. Register in advance or on race day. Details: www.tinyurl.com/diaperrun5k.
• July 12, The Lake Norman Excursion Cycle: It consists of a 5K run at 7 a.m., 100-mile and 63-mile rides at 8 a.m., 38-mile ride at 8:10 a.m. and family fun ride at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s Corporate campus, 1000 Lowe’s Blvd. Registration for the 5K costs $25, fun ride costs $10, 38- or 63-mile bike ride costs $40, and 100-mile bike ride costs $45 through July 10. Add $5 on day of event. Discounts available for multiple events. Details: https://lakenormanrunride.racesonline.com.
• April 12, MICS Bring Spring 5K: The 5K begins at 9 a.m. at Belmont Abbey College, 100 Belmont-Mt. Holly Road. Registration costs $25 for adults and $15 for children ages 18 and under. Families, non-runners, strollers and dogs are welcome. Details: https://www.smore.com/dyst.
• April 13, The Belmont Criterium: Events kick off at noon with amateur bicycle races. Professional bicycle races begin at 4 p.m. Both race series begin and end at City Hall on Main Street. Come out for kid activities, food and drinks. The Belmont Criterium is a partnership between the City of Belmont and the Belmont Merchants Association. Details: www.belmontcrit.org or www.usacycling.org/ncc.
• May 24, Belmont Classic 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run: The 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run begin at 8 a.m. at the Belmont Police Department, 200 N. Main St. Registration costs $20 for adults and $15 for kids 13 & older. The event raises money to buy items for the police department not covered under the budget. Details: http://www.sportoften.com/events/eventDetails.cfm?pEventId=12887.
• April 5, Maritime Run: The 5K Run/Walk begins at 8 a.m. and the Kids’ Dash begins at 9:30 a.m. at Mountain Island Day School, 8101 Fallsdale Drive. Online registration costs $25 for the 5K Run/Walk and $10 for the Kids Fun Run. Race day registration runs 7 a.m.-7:45 a.m. and costs $35 for the 5K Run/Walk and $15 for the Kids Fun Run. Omega Sports will announce awards. Details: http://www.queencitytiming.com/search/event.aspx?id=25400.
• May-September (second Thursday of each month), River Jam Run: Race Edition: Two races, 3-mile and 6-mile, begin at 6:15 p.m. at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy., Charlotte. Advance registration costs $10 online and $15 on race day. Details: www.usnwc.org/river-jam-run-race-edition.