NASCAR Tech, auto mall discuss careers
HUNTERSVILLE – The NASCAR Technical Institute gave more than 140 prospective students a behind-the-scenes look at the auto technician industry Feb. 27 at Hendrick Northlake Luxury Auto Mall.
Students heard from lead technicians at Hendrick Automotive Group, seven of who graduated from NASCAR Tech, as well as guidance counselors and industry professionals.
“It’s all about connecting education to careers, especially at a time when young, highly-skilled auto and diesel technicians are in high demand,” said Jennifer Waber, campus president at NASCAR Tech.
Presenters stressed the importance of company culture, maintaining a positive attitude, building a reliable team through trust and respect, and accountability at all levels.
They also encouraged students to stand committed to customer enthusiasm and continuous improvement.
Hendrick Automotive Group employs 10,000 people across 87 dealerships.
Ben and Jerry’s co-founder plans scoop shop visit
DAVIDSON – The Ben and Jerry’s scoop shop is hosting Jerry Greenfield, the Jerry of Ben and Jerry’s, for autographs, photos and conversation.
Greenfield is co-creator of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream that began in 1978.
"We are ecstatic to have Jerry join us!" said Karen Toney, scoop shop manager. "We are stretching our 20th birthday out for a whole year by having Jerry visit and hang out with our amazing customers and staff. He’s a gift we want to give the Davidson community for their continued support of Ben and Jerry’s in Davidson."
Toney describes Ben and Jerry’s as a 10-minute vacation, a bit of self-indulgence and a joy for the belly and soul.
Greenfield will visit the local shop 1-2 p.m. March 30 at 202 S. Main St.
Details: Karen Toney, 704-892-0604.
Lecture examines real estate bubble
DAVIDSON – Alexander Field, former executive director of the Economic History Association, will present a free economic lecture at Davidson College.
Field is author of the book “A Great Leap Forward: 1930s Depression and U.S. Economic Growth.”
The lecture, dubbed “The Interwar Housing Cycle, the S and L Insolvencies and the Real Estate Bubble of the 2000s: Implications for Crisis and Recovery,” starts at 8 p.m. March 20 in the Sloan Music Center, 323 Concord Road.
Corporations form in Lake Norman area
RALEIGH – The N.C. Secretary of State reported the following firms were registered Feb. 28-March 6. Items are listed by name, applicant and address:
• B15 LLC – Berton Tenborg, 19300 Kanawha Drive, Cornelius.
• CaddySpeak LLC – John Russ, 19629 Schooner Drive, Cornelius.
• Leading Transportation LLC – Cem Akpinar, 10620 Conistan Place, Cornelius.
• Radio Drinking Game, Inc. – John Hanzel, 19425-G Liverpool Pkwy., Cornelius.
• Shamrock Imports LLC – Victory Management Group LLC, 8223 Village Harbor Drive, Cornelius.
• The Fancy Trunk LLC – Shana Prevette, 9730 Bailey Road, Cornelius.
• ProMed Primary and Express Care, PLLC – Daniel Seward, 18504 Hammock Lane, Davidson.
• River Ridge Properties LLC – Peter Springer, 200 North Harbor Place Drive, Suite C, Davidson.
• rologfos LLC – Virgil Foster, 300 Hobbs St., Davidson.
• Woodland Creek Holdings LLC – Jennifer Morgan, 18519 Carnegie Overlook Blvd., Davidson.
• Archaeology International Inc – George Watson III, 1251 Bridgeford Drive, N.W., Huntersville.
• Bordash and Richard Properties LLC – Bradley Richard, 9126 Pine Springs Court, Huntersville.
• Goody's Pizzeria Inc. – Todd Goodheart, 5924 Colonial Garden Drive, Huntersville.
• Kingdom Order Consulting LLC – Jonathan Strickland, 8423 Rolling Meadows Lane, Huntersville.
• Long Run Farm LLC – Martin Brennan Jr., 13801 Reese Blvd. W., Suite 110, Huntersville.
• MTB Ventures LLC – Marisa Brooks, 15321 Abbey House Lane, Huntersville.
• Sherrill's Auto Body Inc – Anthony Sherrill, 10532 Samuel Way Drive, Huntersville.
• Trendsetters by Charvonne II LLC – Yvonne Michael, 9606 Sherrill Estates Road, Suite D, Huntersville.