CORNELIUS – The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce recognized several members with awards at its annual meeting Jan. 17 at The Peninsula Club. Winners were as follows:
• Randy Marion, Robert T. Cashion Business Person of the Year.
• Angels of ’97, Duke Energy Citizenship and Service Award.
• Jim Engel, Spirit of Entrepreneurship Award.
• Julia Holyfield, Volunteer of the Year.
• Lynn Marshall, Carbon Ambassador of the Year.
• Denis Bilodeau, Starrette Service Award (outstanding board member).
• Business Today, Distinguished Service Award.
• Tanya Blackmon, John R. Cherry Community Service Award.