CORNELIUS – If you own a small business, then next week is your time to be honored. It's also a time to listen, learn and network.
The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce will host a week-long series of seminars and networking events celebrating Small Business Week, May 13-17.
The celebration will kick off kicks off Monday with a “Lunch & Learn” program on "Secrets of Business Growth for Small Business Owners." The seminar, to be held at the Peninsula Club in Cornelius, includes a free lunch for those who attend. RSVP to the Chamber at 704-892-1922.
Panelists for the initial program include Joe Vagnone, small business adviser and business broker for Carolina Business Academy; David Gilroy, managing partner of Scale Finance and Cornelius Town Commissioner; Sharon Simpson, Publisher of Lake Norman CURRENTS, Today's Charlotte Woman and Little Ones magazines; Paul Dorsey, general manager and president of Jantize America; Ginger E. Griffin, principal for Ginger Griffin Marketing and Design; and a legal question-and-answer with Robert McIntosh, of McIntosh Law Firm, and Jesse Jones, a Lake Norman attorney.
The week's events include:
• May 14, 8:30-10 a.m. – Small Business Accounting Workshop, facilitated by Adam Boatsman, owner of Boatsman Gillmore Wagner PLLC, and Greg Hart, partner and CFO at Scale Finance, LLC. The event will be held at the chamber office. No cost for chamber members; $25 for guests.
• May 15, 8-9:30 a.m. – Coffee Connections networking event at the Donut King, 9905-A Rose Commons Drive, Huntersville.
• May 15, 3 p.m. – Social Media and Internet Marketing seminar by McBryde Website Design.
• May 16, 5-7 p.m. – Lake Norman Chamber will meet the Mooresville South Iredell and Lincolnton Lincoln County chambers for the Business After Hours event at McGuire Energy Explorium, 13339 Hagers Ferry Road, Huntersville.
• May 17, 8 a.m. – Speed Networking event at the chamber office.
• May 17, 4 p.m. – Small Business of the Year reception at Fireside Bar and Grill, 19930 W. Catawba Ave., Cornelius.
For more information on these events and seminars, visit the chamber’s website at www.lakenormanchamber.org. Non-members who wish to attend any of these programs or events are asked to call the chamber at 704-892-1922.