Miraglia sings about the ups and downs of life
DAVIDSON – Danielle Miraglia arrives at The Birdsnest ready to play guitar and sing songs that encompass the highs and lows of life March 15.
She will come armed with a Gibson guitar, stomp-box rhythm and a harmonica. Her music is socially-conscious, and her latest release “Box of Troubles” has been positively reviewed by Alternative Root.
“Danielle Miraglia’s guitar work keeps Delta traditions alive. Her steady thumb and playing style trace a direct line to the blues of the field and chicken shacks,” Alternative Root said. “Vocally, Danielle’s voice digs in, twisting within the delivery, seeming to break but more likely soaring before the fall.”
Tickets cost $10 in advance or $15 at the door. A portion of each ticket sale will benefit Habitat for Humanity.
Reserve tickets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call The Birdsnest, located at 102 B S. Main St., at 704-990-6378.
Cole publishes memoir about religious experience
CORNELIUS – Donna Cole, a freelance writer, poet and entrepreneur living in Cornelius is the author of a new book, “Grace Trumps Guilt.”
This memoir tells the story of Cole’s personal and religious journey from debilitating feelings of guilt to gratitude for her life.
Warren Publishing handled the publication of the memoir, which was released Feb. 1. It’s 94 pages and costs $14.95. To order a copy, visit www.warrenpublishing.net.
For more information, contact Gina Elliott at 704-875-0781 or by email at email@example.com.
Classes abound at Cornelius Arts Center
CORNELIUS – A wide variety of artistic classes are available from glass painting to craft making at Cornelius Art Center this spring.
• “Coffee, Croissants and Crafts” is an opportunity for those 55 and up to flex their creative muscles. The class runs March 19, April 9, April 23 and May 7 from 9 to 11 a.m.
• “Glass Painting Workshop” allows anyone 16 and up to paint wine glasses, vases, pictures and plates. Students may bring glass pieces of their own. Workshop price includes both days and all supplies. The course is $60 and runs March 19 and 26 from 7-9 p.m.
• “Budding Artists” will teach kids ages 4-12 something new about drawing, painting, art history and sculpture each class. The March 9 class, called “March Mosaics,” involves crafting and designing collages with unique materials. It costs $14 and runs from 10-11:15 a.m.
All classes will take place at 19725 Oak St., Unit 1, Cornelius.
To register or for more information, visit www.cornelius.org/parc or call 704-896-8823.
32 Flavors Boutique offers jewelry making classes
HUNTERSVILLE – March brings a series of jewelry-making classes to 32 Flavors Boutique.
• “Decoupage Initial Necklace” teaches you how to make a personalized, initial necklace, painting a pendant then using decoupage and deerskin backing to complete the look. The class is March 17 at 2 p.m. and costs $25.
• “Learn to Finger Knit” will help you create a yoyo necklace and spring scarf. The class costs $30 and includes all materials.
• “Layered Wire Wrapped Pendant” will teach students to create a necklace out of wire, beads and deerskin leather. The class is March 13 at 6:30 p.m., costs $30 and includes all materials.
All classes are at 32 Flavors Boutique, located at 9525 Birkdale Crossing Drive, Suite 102, Huntersville.
To reserve a spot, call 704-896-3232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.