Class explores Jewish-Christian relations
by Staff Writer
The course will look at the interrelation of Jewish, Christian and Roman history of first century Palestine and Asia Minor.
Specific discussion topics may include:
• Is the New Testament “anti-Semitic?”
• Jews and the trial of Jesus.
• Righting what’s wrong with church “Seders.”
• The origins of Christmas and Easter stories, the Passion and Jews in drama and film.
• Theological symbols common in Christian church and museum art.
The course takes place 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Feb. 8-March 8 at a location to be determined. It costs $60. Register in advance.
Details: 704-892-3349 or www.townofdavidson.org/parksandrecprograms.