Visit Lake Norman salutes hotels
CORNELIUS – Visit Lake Norman honored the best in Lake Norman’s the local hotel industry at its inaugural “Making Waves” Hotel Awards Reception on Dec. 9 at Port City Club.
Award winners are as follows:
• Joy Penninger, with the Davidson Village Inn, won the Outshines from the Front Lines, which recognizes a guest service representative or back-of-house employee that is an extraordinary ambassador of Lake Norman and provides exemplary customer service to guests.
• Cristal Moncur, with the Homewood Suites in Davidson, won the Stellar Seller Award, which recognizes someone with an outstanding sales performance and has a record of generating new revenue.
• Ernest Massey, with the Sleep Inn & Suites in Huntersville, won the Lead to Succeed Award, which recognizes someone who demonstrates superior professional management and leadership skills.
“We felt this was long overdue for our hoteliers and it was very gratifying putting the program together,” said Travis Dancy, sales director for Visit Lake Norman.
VLN will begin accepting 2014 nominations in January.
Corporations form in Lake Norman
RALEIGH – The N.C. Department of the Secretary of State reported the following corporations were registered Dec. 9-13. Items are listed by corporation name, applicant and address:
• ARGN Enterprises LLC – Gita Naik, 20936 Decora Drive, Cornelius.
• Bella Grace Florist Inc. – Martin Halloran, 18525 Statesville Road, Cornelius.
• Books by Beth LLC – Anne Gibbs, 603 Lorimer Road, Davidson.
• Brookside Exclusive Properties LLC – Susan Brooks, 19734 Callaway Hills Lane, Davidson.
• Camp Rock Inc. – Matthew Sredzinski, 302 Southland Road, Huntersville.
• Chester TB LLC – Jeffrey Watson, 568 Jetton St., Suite 200, Davidson.
• Colcord Consulting LLC – Kevin Colcord, 628 Ardrey Circle, Davidson.
• DiDonato Enterprises LLC – Jennifer Donato, 10106 Drew Court, Huntersville.
• Dworak TG LLC – John Hanzel, 19425-G Liverpool Pkwy., Cornelius.
• Equity Solutions & Consulting LLC – John Hanzel, 19425-G Liverpool Pkwy., Cornelius.
• Friguglietti & Branham P.A. – John Friguglietti Jr., 575 Davidson Gateway Drive, Suite 101, Davidson.
• Jocalyn Sells LKN Inc. – Jocalyn Herron, 15740 Hathering Oak Drive, Huntersville.
• Pride Industries LLC – Billieanne Phillips, 20024 Mulberry St., Cornelius.
• Primal Brewery LLC – Christopher Cook, 13539 Helen Benson Blvd., Davidson.
• QueVine LLC – Ross Helfer, 9923 Willow Leaf Lane, Cornelius.
• Sobos Inc. – John Hanzel, 19425-G Liverpool Pkwy., Cornelius.
• Vitality by Design LLC – Donna Rothman, 17115 Kenton Drive, Suite 203A, Cornelius.
Uncle Louie G opens in Huntersville
HUNTERSVILLE – The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce recently helped Uncle Louie G celebrate its grand opening with a ribbon-cutting celebration.
Uncle Louie G opened its Italian ice and ice cream shop in October at 14311 West Reese Blvd., Suite A3.
Peter and Rachel Leonard moved from New York City to the Lake Norman region with 81 flavors. They also host children’s parties onsite.
Realty firm releases November report
HUNTERSVILLE – The Lake Norman area saw a 2-percent increase for units sold in November year over year with a median sales price of $225,000, according to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas Realty.
The average days on market continue to decrease, down to 94 days, which is a 15 percent decrease from 2012. Active listings have dropped 10 percent from October.
The firm has released a 60-second market video featuring year-to-date information through November about the local real estate market.
Realtors share holiday cheer, present industry awards
CHARLOTTE – More than 400 Realtors gathered for the Charlotte Regional Realtor Association/Carolina Multiple Listing Services Inc. 2013 Holiday Awards Luncheon and Annual Meeting on Dec. 13 at the Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park.
Members paid tribute to outstanding real estate industry leaders and association volunteers.
The following winners were honored:
• Donna Anderson, Realtor/broker with Cottingham Chalk Hayes Realtors, won the Realtor of the Year Award;
• Jeffrey Clay, Realtor/broker with Keller Williams Ballantyne won the Vane Mingle Rookie of the Year Award;
• Scott Wurtzbacher, Realtor/broker and owner of The W Realty Group Inc., won the President’s Committee Chair Award.
• CarolinaMLS CEO Anne Marie Howard, Esq., won the President’s Award.
Attendees donated more than 500 toys to the Salvation Army of Charlotte.
Summit Coffee selling bottomless mug
DAVIDSON – Summit Coffee is renewing its Bottomless Mug promotion, entitling customers to unlimited drip coffee and tea for every day of 2014.
Back for its third go-around, the all-you-can-drink coffee mug went on sale Dec. 13. Only 50 of them are available. New “Bottomless Mug” customers pay $365, while returning customers pay $325.
Other perks include:
• Discounted entry fee for 2014 Summit Twilight Series races.
• Pre-sale options on all ticketed concerts.
• A monthly email about Summit, coffee, beer and wine.
Summit Coffee is located at 128 S. Main St.
Details: www.summitcoffee.com or 704-895-9090.