CHARLOTTE – Hough High School students took home 90 medals and a few trophies from the DECA competition Nov. 20 at Myers Parks High School.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges across the globe. Hough had more than 300 students at the event.
Hough DECA took home four first place trophies, six second place trophies, one third place trophy, twenty Top 20 finalist medals and 90 event medals. Some will advance to the N.C. State Competition on Feb. 27-March 1 in Greensboro.
First-place winners were Jacob Keenan, Sports & Entertainment Marketing; Logan Mariner, Retail Merchandising Series; Kevin Parsons, Hotel & Lodging Management; and Jenny Stevenson, Food Marketing Series.
Second-place winners were Leanna Conti– Retail Merchandising Series; Rose Jackson – Restaurant Full Service Management; Marissa O'Neill – Quick Serve Restaurant Management; Haley Seligmann – Principles of Marketing; Taylor Matthews – Hotel & Lodging Management; and Nelle Thomas– Business Services Marketing.
Third-place winners included Trevor Stevenson, Retail Merchandising Series.
Event medalists were as follows:
• Apparel & Accessories Marketing – Kayleigh Conroy, Haylee Hicks, Katie Hord, Melanie Kennedy, Sabrina Ortiz, Gabrielle Parks, Brooklyn Rock and Alyssa Sims.
• Business Services Marketing – Kalli Brooks, Cecil Millen, Gabrielle Moore, Kelsey O'Farrell, Keerthana Prasad, Lindsay Snipes, Sean Stewart and Nelle Thomas.
• Food Marketing Series – Amit Enand, Katherine Mobley, Keegan Moss, Jenny Stevenson and Ryan Wydra.
• Hotel & Lodging Management - Nia Buker, , Drew Dougherty, Jake Hoertt, Bailey Jones, Taylor Matthews, Travis O'Shell, Kendall Parker, Kevin Parsons, Cole Rogers, Courtney Sheets and Emma Watts.
• Principles of Marketing – Sharonda Adams, Brooklyn Beamer, Lisa Branch, Ryan Carlet, Meghan Crawford, Alexa Duffy, Maria Garza, Elisabeth Hayes, Hannah Martin, Lacey Moneymaker, Lexi Powers, Davis Rhodes, Haley Seligmann, Kyle Williams and Sarah Witmer.
• Quick Serve Restaurant Management – Erin Marshall and Marissa O'Neill.
• Restaurant Full Service Management – Jill Amasya, Patrick Andreas, Grayson Butler, Rose Jackson, Rachel Korf, Jacquelyn Lowe, Brandon Pinkston, Kayleigh Poling and Akaley Puckett.
• Retail Merchandising Series – Leanna Conti, Mary Mariner, Matthew Newman and Trevor Stevenson.
• Sports & Entertainment Marketing – Michael Blowers, Matthew Burgess, Cassidy Burk, Nicholas Carrara, Alissa Davis, Morgan Donnelly, Brandon Garland, Jacob Keenan, Ceara McLaughlin, Jackson McNally, Ally Miller, Connor O'Brien, Ethan Post, John Rose, Caroline Rhymer and Kevin Thomas.