Bailey Middle sets Take Your Family to School Week schedule
by Staff Writer
• Walk in My Shoes Day, Monday, Feb. 13: Throughout the day, parents may shadow their children for a peek into a typical school day.
• Operation Snack Bag, Monday, Feb. 13, from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.: Sixth- and seventh-graders decorate snack bags for homeless Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools students.
• Awards Celebration, Tuesday, Feb. 14, 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.: The school gives out Diamond Ace, honor roll and attendance awards.
• “Brain Rules” Lunch and Learn, Wednesday, Feb. 15, from noon to 1 p.m.: Mike Cerkovnik discusses the science behind adolescent brain functions.
• School tours, Wednesday, Feb. 15, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Enrichment Job Fair, Wednesday, Feb. 15, noon to 2 p.m.: Community professionals present career-related information to students.
• Operation Snack Bag, Thursday, Feb. 16, from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.: Eighth-graders fill healthy snack bags for the district’s homeless students.
• Parent University program “Preparing for College,” Thursday, Feb. 16, 6 to 7:30 p.m.: The Bronco Ambassadors will provide childcare.
• Family Forum, Feb. 17, at 10:15 a.m.: Meck Education presents parents with information about pending legislation related to education.
• Parent-student lunch, Feb. 17, during assigned lunch times: The school’s jazz band will provide entertainment.
• “Jungle Book” performances, Feb. 17 at 6:30 p.m. and Feb. 18 at 1 p.m.