Debate and Speech team takes sixth place in Greenville
by Staff Writer
The team competed against 26 schools and almost 600 individuals from North and South Carolina.
The following team members took home individual honors:
• Junior Colleen Watson placed first in impromptu speaking and seventh in original oratory;
• Junior James Williams placed fourth in both humorous interpretation and oral interpretation;
• Freshman Elizabeth Kingaby took fourth in declamation and eighth in extemporaneous speaking;
• A team of seniors Brooke Carter and Lauren Calucag placed sixth in extemporaneous duet acting. Lauren also place eighth in oral interpretation;
• Freshman James Haberberger placed third in novice Student Congress.
The team will attend its next tournament at Chase High School on Feb. 25.