School Notes for Aug. 26
by Staff Writer
• Blythe Elementary: Kindergarten vision screenings take place Sept. 15. … The school hosts Boy Scout and Girl Scout nights Sept. 15 and 19 respectively.
• Bradley Middle School: The school holds curriculum night for sixth through eighth grades Sept. 6 at 6 p.m.
• Cannon School: A middle school new family breakfast takes place Sept. 20 from 8 to 9 a.m. in Taylor Hall. … Upper school parent orientation night takes place Sept. 1 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in Taylor Hall. … The school hosts lower school family picnic Sept. 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. on the lower-school playground – for parents, students, faculty and staff. … School is closed for Labor Day, Sept. 5.
• Community School of Davidson: The school closes Labor Day, Sept. 5. … Middle school curriculum night takes place Sept. 14 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Cornelius Elementary: The parent-teacher organization holds a meeting and curriculum night Sept. 22.
• Grace Covenant Academy: The school closes Labor Day, Sept. 5.
• Hopewell High: The school takes senior pictures Sept. 7 to 9. … Underclassmen sit for pictures Sept. 15.
• Hough High: Parking permit sales begin Monday, Aug. 29, at 1 p.m. … The Parent-Teacher-Student Association holds a meeting and open house Sept. 20 6:30 p.m.
• J.V. Washam Elementary: J.V. Washam will host a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools educator technology summit Sept. 13 at 4:15 p.m. for the school district’s staff. An instructor will discuss the use of iPad technology for administrative and instructional use. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools staff can register at http://cmsipadchat3.eventbrite.com.
• Lake Norman Charter: The school closes Labor Day, Sept. 5. … The Lake Norman Charter board meets Sept. 1 in the school’s media center. … High school curriculum night takes place Sept. 6 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. … The school hosts a newcomers breakfast Sept. 9 at 8:30 a.m. in the high school multipurpose room for new high school and middle school students.
• Lake Norman Christian: Hardees on Statesville Road hosts a family fundraising night Tuesday, Aug. 30, for Lake Norman Christian. … The school closes Labor Day, Sept. 5.
• Long Creek Elementary: A kindergarten open house and curriculum night takes place Tuesday, Aug. 30, from 6 to 8 p.m. Parents can meet kindergarten teachers and learn about kindergarten curriculum.
• McKinney Academy: The school is closes Labor Day, Sept. 5. … The Parent-Teacher Association meets Sept. 15 at 9:30 a.m.
• Phoenix Montessori Academy: The school closes Labor Day, Sept. 5.
• Ramah Christian Classical: The school closes Labor Day, Sept. 5.
• St. Mark Catholic: The school closes Labor Day, Sept. 5. … The school will not serve hot lunches until the week of Sept. 6. Until then, students need to pack lunch daily.
• Torrence Creek Elementary: The school holds an open house and general Parent-Teacher Association meeting for parents of kindergarteners, first- and second- graders Sept. 6 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. … An open house and Parent-Teacher Association meeting for parents of third-, fourth- and fifth-graders follows on Sept. 8 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Woodlawn School: Classes start Monday, Aug. 29. … The school is closes Labor Day, Sept. 5.