Five arrested after six-month investigation
by Staff Writer
Police executed search warrants for homes at 16100 N. Statesville Road and 16116 N. Statesville Road on Aug. 11, finding drugs, guns and stolen property, according to a police department news release. Among items seized was a 60-inch television recently reported stolen to the Cornelius Police Department, Huntersville Lt. Ken Richardson said.
During the investigation, the police department made several undercover drug buys at the homes.
Those arrested, and their charges, were:
• Watson Graham, 62, of 16060 N. Statesville Road, three felony counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine and three counts of selling cocaine. He was released from the Mecklenburg County Jail after posting at $30,000 bond.
• John Graham, 52, of 16060 N. Statesville Road, four counts of possession of untaxed alcohol, four counts of selling untaxed alcohol and possession of stolen goods. He was released from the Mecklenburg County jail after posting a $3,000 bond.
• Kwamane R. Paige, 21, of 265 Columbia Drive, two felony counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, two felony counts of selling cocaine and maintaining a dwelling/vehicle to keep or sell narcotics. He was released from the Mecklenburg County jail after posting a $17,500 bond.
• William Thompson, 48, of Cornelius, possession of cocaine. He was released from the Mecklenburg County jail after posting a $5,00 bond.
• Gavin Burton, 57, of Cornelius, possession of drug equipment/paraphernalia. He was released from the Mecklenburg County Jail on a $300 bond.
Concord Police and the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s office assisted in the months-long investigation.