School Notes for June 10
by Staff Writer
• Barnette Elementary: The fifth-grade promotion ceremony, reception and dance take place Thursday, June 9, at 6 p.m. The students’ celebration occurs the next day, Friday, June 10.
• Blythe Elementary: The school asks families to donate used printer-ink cartridges and cell phones to the Blythe Elementary recycle program to raise money for the school. Place items in the collection box in the school’s lobby. … On Friday, June 10, fifth-graders graduate at 10 a.m., and the third and fourth grades participate in an honors reception at 8 a.m.
• Community School of Davidson: Summer camps run from Monday, June 6 to July 22 and some are still accepting campers. Download forms at http://www.csdnc.org and either drop off at or mail to 565 Griffith Street, Davidson, NC 28036.
• Davidson Day: The school mails report cards home Friday, June 10.
• Davidson Elementary: The fifth grade graduates Friday, June 10, at 10 a.m.
• Davidson IB: The school holds International Day on Thursday, June 9. The seventh grade enjoys its field day Friday, June 10 at noon. … Eighth Grade Recognition Day takes place Friday, June 10.
• Hopewell High: Seniors graduate Sunday, June 12, at 2 p.m. … The Athletic Booster Club meets Monday, June 13, at 7 p.m.
• Huntersville Elementary: The fifth grade celebrates the end of the school year at Holbrook Park on Thursday, June 9, and graduates Friday, June 10.
• J.V. Washam: The fifth-grade awards day takes place Friday, June 10, at 8:30 a.m.
• Lake Norman Charter: Report cards go home Friday, June 10.
• North Mecklenburg High: To ensure bus transportation for the next academic year, verify address, stop location and eligibility online at www.cms.k12.nc.us/cmsdepartments/transportation. Address corrections are due Friday, June 10 and all other information by June 30.
• Phoenix Montessori: Tuition for the first session of summer camp is due Monday, June 13. The cost is $150 for a half day and $200 for a full day. The first session, Artistic Explorations, runs from June 20 to 24. Children 18 months to 5 years old can attend.
• Torrence Creek: Report cards go home Friday, June 10.
• Village Montessori: Tuition for summer camp is $150 and is due June 15. The first of two weeklong camps begins July 11 and teaches social skills, art and music and also includes reading time and outdoor activities.