School Notes for June 24
by Staff Writer
• Blythe Elementary: The school holds open house for the 2011-12 school year Aug. 23.
• Bradley Middle: The school holds open house for sixth, seventh and eighth grades Aug. 23.
• Cannon School: New-student orientation is Aug. 12. …The 2011-12 school year begins Aug. 15.
• Davidson Day: The school holds a new-student family picnic Aug. 1, from 4 to 7 p.m., on the school’s front lawn. … Orientation is Aug. 10 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. for toddlers and kindergartners and 5 to 6:30 p.m. for first- through sixth-graders. … The first day of school is Aug. 15 for the fifth through 12th grades and Aug. 16 for kindergarten through fourth grades.
• Grace Covenant Academy: School summer office hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Tuesday to Thursday. … The school holds elementary school orientation on Aug. 18 at 6:30 p.m. … The school holds orientation for three-year- olds to pre-kindergartners on Aug. 19 at 10:30 a.m. …The first day of school for elementary school and pre-kindergarten students is Aug. 22 and 23 respectively.
• Hough High: The school’s first summer school session ends July 6. … The school’s second summer school session will be held July 11-26.
• North Mecklenburg High: The North Mecklenburg High School Band hosts a yard sale, Saturday, June 25, beginning at 7 a.m. 50 families will participate in the sale at the State Employee Credit Unit, 10411 Arahova Drive, in Huntersville.