CORNELIUS – The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce and Preferred Financial Strategies, of Mooresville, will present a free seminar on saving for college.
The seminar, “College Funding… What the Schools Aren’t Telling You,” will be held Tuesday, May 17, from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce, 19900 W. Catawba Ave.
Preferred Financial Strategies staff will discuss:
• Fitting college savings into your budget,
• The cost of college now, and in the future,
• Options available to pay for college,
• Receiving financial aid,
• Analyzing the differences, advantages and disadvantages of different savings options,
• Taxable vs. tax extempt investments,
• Case study of a hypothetical family attempting to save for college, and
• How a financial professional can help determine how to save for college.
Call 704-658-1040 to reserve a space.