Many north Mecklenburg churches are registering children for their vacation Bible school programs this summer. The Herald Weekly will publish a list of those programs this week and next. Send details about your church’s plans to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the vacation Bible school programs received so far.
• Meadowlake Church, 6501 Gilead Road, Huntersville: July 11 to 15, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to noon daily, for 4-year-olds through rising fifth-graders. The theme is “Shake it Up Café, where kids carry out God’s recipe.” Registration costs $15, and financial assistance is available. Register children at the church by July 1. Forms are available online at www.meadowlakechurch.com or call 704-948-1600.
• Huntersville United Methodist Church, 140005 Stumptown Road: June 13 to 16, Monday through Thursday, from 6:15 to 8:30 nightly, for 3-year-olds potty trained by June 13 through rising sixth-graders. The theme for the school is “Pandamania.” Find more information about the program and register at the church’s website, www.humconline.org, or call 704-875-1156.
• First Baptist Church-Huntersville, 119 N. Old Statesville Road: July 10 to 13, Sunday through Wednesday, from 6:15-8:30 nightly, for 3-year-olds through rising seventh-graders. Using the theme “Water U Doing?”, students will learn about Jesus as “the living water” and and what they can do to meet the needs of thirsty people in Malawi, Africa.
• Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, 19600 Zion St., Cornelius: Aug. 1 to 5, Monday and Friday, 6:30 to 8:30 nightly, for 3-year-olds to rising fifth-graders. The school will use “Backstage with the BIBLE” and feature the “Go Fish Guys.” Register by emailing Sherry Washam at email@example.com or going to the church’s website, www.mtzionumc.net.
• Bethel Presbyterian Church, 19920 Bethel Church Road, Cornelius: July 15 to 18, Friday through Monday, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday and Monday and 4 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, for 4-year-olds (by July 1) through rising fifth-graders. The theme is SunSurf Beach Bash. Registration deadline is July 5. Find more information at the church’s website, www.bethel-pc.org.