CHARLOTTE – The N.C. Department of Transportation began improvements on 16.9 miles of road in Mecklenburg County on Monday, April 4, including several north Mecklenburg projects.
In north Mecklenburg, motorists may encounter some delays as the following roads are resurfaced:
• Six-tenths of a mile of Lakeview Road from Harris Boulevard to Statesville Road.
• 1 mile of Lakeview Road from Reames Road to Beatties Ford Road.
• 1.3 miles of Washam Potts Road from Old Statesville Road to Bailey Road in Cornelius.
• 1.2 miles of Gilead Road from Beatties Ford Road to Old Bud Henderson Road in Huntersville.
• 1.2 miles of Reames Road (State Road 2483) from Old Statesville Road (N.C. 115) to Harris Boulevard.
Ferebee Corp. of Charlotte has a $3.1 million contract to complete the projects by Sept. 1. Updated travel information is available by calling 511 or online at www.ncdot.gov/travel.