DAVIDSON – Davidson College Presbyterian Church’s Easter Week schedule starts with Palm Sunday Worship on April 17 at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m.
The services begin outdoors with a congregational palm processional into the sanctuary, 100 N. Main St. Inside the sanctuary, the congregation will become the voice of the crowd in the narrative of Jesus’ Passion. Other activities include:
• April 20 to 23, a meditative labyrinth will be available at the Congregation House from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and all night Friday.
• April 21, Maundy Thursday service, 7 p.m. Members of Davidson Presbyterian Church will share a meal, culminated with foot washing and Communion.
• April 22, Good Friday Tenebrae service, 7 p.m., Lingle Chapel. Tenebrae is the service of shadows, with increasing darkness as the service proceeds, to the final extinguishing of candles.
• April 23, Easter vigil, 7:30 p.m., sanctuary. The Geneva and Youth choirs will sing. Bring a small bell to ring.
• April 24, Easter Sunday services at 8:30 and 11 a.m., sanctuary. Bring fresh cut flowers to add to the flower cross, and the youth will hold an Easter egg hunt for children at 9:45 a.m.