The Mecklenburg and Iredell county health departments conducted inspections at the following Lake Norman-area restaurants from April 18 to 22.
• Great Steak, 6801 Northlake Mall Drive: 92.5 – Raw chicken stored in paper bag above raw beef; build up on ice scoop, ice container and plastic food containers (all rewashed).
• Sbarro Pizza, 6804 Northlake Mall Drive: 92.5 – Sticky, dusty debris observed on plastic food containers, greasy film observed on plastic food containers (rewashed) and sanitizer not properly mixed; several items stored above proper temperature; employees not following TILT training, which prohibits food remaining on serving line for more than two hours.
• Lancaster’s BBQ, 9230 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville: 93 – Bar dishwasher not properly sanitizing dishes; ribs cooked the previous day observed cooling well below allowable temperature (food thrown away).
• Yeung’s Lotus Express, 6801 Northlake Mall Drive: 94 – Food debris observed on metal pans, white plastic food containers and utensils (all rewashed); cooked chicken and noodles stored at room temperature.
• Osaka Japanese & Chinese Restaurant, 17115 Kenton Dr., Cornelius: 94.5 – Sanitizer not properly mixed; fried food stored above allowable temperature.
• Chick-fil-A, 16915 Statesville Road: 97.5
• Lowes Foods Deli, 13108 Eastfield Road: 99
• The Fresh Market, 20623 Torrence Chapel Road: 101
– Deli/sushi: 96.5
• Lake Town Tavern, 19708-K W. Catawba Ave.: 98
• Mac’s Speed Shop, 19601 Liverpool Pkwy.: 95
• Davidson Soda Shop, 104 S. Main St.: 99
• Toast of Davidson, 101 N. Main St.: 97.5
• Cardinal Café, 342 Mooresville Blvd.: 98.5
Northlake Mall area
• Big Easy Cajun, 6801 Northlake Mall Drive: 95.5 (re-inspection)
• Firehouse Subs, 9335 Center Lake Drive: 98.5
About the grades
Restaurants are given grades of A for scoring at least 90 percent, B for 80 to 89 percent and C for 70 to 79 percent. The state revokes permits for restaurants that score below 70 percent. Restaurants are eligible for two bonus points if an employee has completed a food-service sanitation program within three years.
Find more details on restaurants online at http://mecklenburg.digitalhealthdepartment.com or www.co.iredell.nc.us/Departments/Health/ratings.asp.
– Compiled by staff