The Mecklenburg County Health Department conducted inspections at the following Lake Norman-area restaurants from April 11 to 15.
• Big Easy Cajun, 6801 Northlake Mall Drive, Charlotte: 87.5; Employee drinks left uncovered, employee bowl and spoon left on shelves where dry food was stored; metal pan containing chicken stored on top of another pan of uncovered chicken, raw chicken stored above soy sauce; dried food debris stuck on cutting board and prep cooler, dried food stuck on pans and food containers that had been stored as clean; cabbage stored on table below required temperature; rehydrated garlic not stored at proper temperature.
• Currito, 6801 Northlake Mall Drive, Charlotte: 93; Food debris and greasy film on metal and plastic containers after washing; several food items not stored at proper temperature. (Inspector later returned and steam table, which heats several of the improperly heated items, had been repaired.)
• Fu Shing, 8134 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road, Charlotte: 93.5; Employee food and drinks placed above stored food; raw pork stored on shelves above ready-to-eat vegetables, pan of raw chicken stored on top of bucket of onions, raw chicken being prepared above dry foods; sanitizer not at proper concentration, cleaned silverware stored on prep-sink drainboard.
• Bojangles, 4322 Sunset Road, Charlotte: 94.5; Employee drinks placed on top of tea urn; food stored uncovered; fried chicken not stored at proper temperature.
• La Unica Mexican Restaurant, 9121 Sam Furr Road: 98.5
• Bi-Lo Deli/Bakery, 9815 Rose Commons Drive: 98.5
– Market: 97.5
– Seafood: 99.5
• Chico’s Mexico Grill, 102 N. Statesville Road: 98
• Moe’s Southwest Grill, 16933 Kaufinger St.: 97
• Taste of Buffalo Pizzaria, 9610 Sherrill Estates Drive: 97
• Thai Emerald, 10110 Northcross Center Court: 97.5
• Big Al’s Pub & Gruberia, 8301-12 Magnolia Estates Drive: 97.5
• Jack’s Corner Tap, 8301-1 Magnolia Estates Drive: 97.5
• KFC, 20220 W. Catawba Ave.: 97.5
• Tenders, 18341 Statesville Road: 99
Northlake Mall area
• Burger King, 4100 Brookshire Blvd: 99.5
• Chick-fil-A, 6801 Northlake Mall Drive: 99.5
• Domino’s Pizza, 10210 Couloak Drive: 97.5
• Moe’s Southwestern Grill, 9335 Centerlake Drive: 98
• P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, 10325 Perimeter Pkwy: 97.5
About the grades
Restaurants are given grades of A for scoring at least 90 percent, B for 80 to 89 percent and C for 70 to 79 percent. The state revokes permits for restaurants that score below 70 percent.
Restaurants are eligible for two bonus points if an employee has completed a food service sanitation program within three years.
For more details on restaurants go to http://mecklenburg.digitalhealthdepartment.com.
– Compiled by staff