Davidson going for CALEA accreditation
The Davidson Police Department will soon host a team from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.
The team arrives April 30 to examine all aspects of the department’s policies and procedures, management, operations and support services, Chief Jeanne Miller told the Davidson town board Tuesday night, April 12..
The department, which earned limited accreditation in 2008, is now seeking full accreditation, which requires the agency to meet 464 standards. As part of the visit, the assessors are inviting members of the community to offer comments at an information session May 2 at 6 p.m. at the Davidson Town Hall board room, 216 S. Main St. Earlier that day, from 1 to 3 p.m., assessors will also take phone calls from anyone. That phone number is 980-613-7372.
Find more information on the accreditation process at the town’s website, www.ci.davidson.nc.us. Click on the CALEA link on the left-hand side of the page.
HUNTERSVILLE – Excluding routine citations, the Huntersville Police Department reported the following charges, including the places and dates of arrests or citations, from April 6 to 11:
• Dwight Coolidge Robbins, 56, theft, at Food Lion, 706 Gilead Road. April 6.
• Maverick Sloan, 46, theft, at Food Lion, 706 Gilead Road. April 6.
• Stephen Clark Watts, 24, assault with a deadly weapon, at 11116 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road. April 7.
• Sarah Olivia Harris, 18, underage consumption of alcohol, at 8712 Lindholm Drive. April 8.
• John Sloan, 21, assault on a female, at 14028 David St. April 9.
• John Randall Tetzlaff, 16, possession of marijuana, at 9599 Glenhurst Lane. April 9.
• Jasmine Simone Mayo, 17, vandalism, at North Mecklenburg High School, 11201 Old Statesville Road.
CORNELIUS – Excluding routine citations, the Cornelius Police Department reported the following charges, including the places and dates of arrests or citations, from April 6 to 12:
• Susan Abbott Brunner, 43, possession of drug paraphernalia, at 124 Sardis Road. April 6.
• Neil Michael Lates, 29, felony identity theft, at 19905 W. Catawba Ave. April 9.
• Edward Francis Conz, 27, DWI, at 20130 W. Catawba Ave. April 9.
• Alexander Steele Kelly, 18, underage consumption of alcohol, at 21269 Summerbrook Drive. April 9.
• Garrett Waine Shipman, 19, vandalism, at 7528 Chasewater Drive. April 9.
• Steve Allen Warlick, 48, theft, at 19706 Meridian St. April 9.
• Laura Elizabeth Dicarlo, 18, DWI, at 18199 W. Catawba Ave. April 9.
• Thomas Samuel Walters, 23, assault inflicting serious injury, at 20130 W. Catawba Ave. April 10.
• Jit Jarrell Sanders, 24, assault, at 17305 Kenton Drive. April 10.
• Darren Wayne Merorie, 39, hit and run, at 18605 Ruffner Drive. April 10.
DAVIDSON – Excluding routine citations, the Cornelius Police Department reported the following charges, including the places and dates of arrests or citations, from April 4 to April 10:
• Gail Pradgen, 47, theft and disturbing the peace, at 601 Griffith St. April 5.
• Jaque Timar Denny, 26, resisting a police officer, at Interstate 77, exit 28. April 9.
• Jasmyne Marie Monroe, 20, failure to pay cab driver, credit card fraud, on Lakeview Avenue. April 11.