Police: Body shop served as head shop
A Huntersville mechanic was arrested last week after police said he sold marijuana numerous times from his Old Statesville Road body shop.
Police arrested Rob Christopher Zele, 42, on March 24 after a two-month investigation into the alleged sale of marijuana at Bodylines Auto Body, 502 N. Old Statesville Road, which Zele owns and operates.
Police said Zele sold the drug to undercover officers on three occasions at the business.
He is charged with three counts of selling and delivering of marijuana and three counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, police said.
He was released from the Mecklenburg County jail March 24 after posting a $45,000 bail, the jail log said.
Anyone with information about the case should call the Huntersville Police Department at 704-875-6542 and ask to speak with Lt. Ken Richardson or the on-duty watch commander.
Highway Patrol to increase patrols this week
The N.C. Highway Patrol will begin a crack down on speeders this week as part of the No Need 2 Speed campaign. Officers will increase patrols through Sunday, April 3, to get drivers to slow down. During the last No Need 2 Speed campaign, troopers issued 26,870 speeding tickets throughout the state.
Three robberies arranged through Craigslist
CHARLOTTE – After three University City robberies, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police hope to remind people of the old saying “if it’s too good to be true, it probably is.”
Three people were robbed in recent weeks after being contacted through their “For Sale” listings on Craigslist.org. All three had listings to sell the popular iPad computers. Each time, someone willing to pay more than the asking price for the iPad approached the seller via email and arranged to meet at an apartment complex. Once there, the seller was robbed.
Anyone with information about these robberies, should call the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department’s CrimeStoppers or 911.
HUNTERSVILLE – Excluding routine citations, the Huntersville Police Department reported the following charges, including the places and dates of arrests or citations, from March 23 to 28:
• Tory Antonio Williams, 34, theft, at Kohl’s, 9743 Sam Furr Road. March 23.
• Cynthia Ruth Padgett, 45, theft, at Kohl’s, 9743 Sam Furr Road. March 23.
• Clinton Alphonso Atkinson, 52, felony possession of a stolen firearm, at 10200 Kerns Road. March 23.
• Keith Coral Morgan, 40, DWI, at 8599 Townley Road. March 26.
• Justin Lee Hinton, 22, assault, at 9328 Huntington Drive. March 26.
• Kevin Richard Harris, 25, possession of marijuana, at 12701 Old Statesville Road. March 27.
• Marcella Denise Pharr, 51, shoplifting, at Food Lion, 706 Gilead Road. March 27.
CORNELIUS – Excluding routine citations, the Cornelius Police Department reported the following charges, including the places and dates of arrests or citations, from March 23 to 28:
• Joseph Garhett Cooper, 39, DWI, at 19905 W. Catawba Ave. March 25.
• Aimee Elizabeth Cook, 36, DWI, at 20302 Sefton Park. March 25.
• Travis Andree Harris, 37, parole violations, at I-77. March 25.
• Darren Wayne McRorie, 37, domestic violence, address redacted. March 26.
• Kristen Lee Brown, 36, DWI, at I-77. March 27.
• Zane Ashley Odom, 33, DWI, at 19704 Chance St. March 27.
• Timothy Ray Fitzpatrick, 26, DWI, at 21105 Catawba Ave. March 28.
DAVIDSON – Davidson police reported no major arrests from March 21 to 27.
HUNTERSVILLE – The Huntersville Police Department received the following reports of crimes from March 23 to 28:
• 11100 block of Highcrest Drive. March 23.
• Prudential Carolina Realty, at 7930 W. Kenton Circle. March 27.
• 14100 block of Statesville Road. March 25.
• 16600 block of Statesville Road. March 25.
• 13600 block of Willow Breeze Lane. March 26.
• 12500 block of Kane Alexander Drive. March 28.
• 10200 block of Bayart Way. March 26.
• 11500 block of Beatties Ford Road. March 28.
• Lake Norman Baptist Church, 7921 Sam Furr Road. March 28.
• Kohl’s, at 9743 Sam Furr Road. March 23.
• Food Lion, at 706 Gilead Road. March 27.
CORNELIUS – The Cornelius Police Department received the following reports of crimes from March 23 to 28:
• 9400 block of Washam Potts Road. March 25.
• 20200 block of North Main Street. March 26.
• 19000 block of Meta Road. March 27.
• 21300 block of Nautique Boulevard. March 25.
• Food Lion, at 20125 N. Main St. March 23.
• 20300 block of Sefton Park Road. March 27.
• 17916 Caldwell Track Drive. March 26.
• 19700 block of South Ferry Street. March 28.