The Crime Scene for January 28
by Staff Writer
Cornelius police seized 87 plants on Tuesday, Jan. 25, from an upstairs room at the Creole House restaurant, located at 20517 N. Main St.
Police arrested the restaurant owner, Darin Jerome Nicholas, after receiving a tip about the growing operation and making an undercover purchase from the 44-year-old, Lt. Jennifer Thompson said.
It’s unclear how long he’d been growing the plants in the upstairs bedroom at the restaurant, where he also lived, Thompson said. Along with the plants, police seized an undisclosed amount of money and several items used to grow marijuana, Thompson said.
Nicolas was charged with two felony counts of possession of marijuana with intent to sell, two felony counts of maintaining a dwelling to manufacture marijuana, felony intent to sell and deliver marijuana, and two felony counts of manufacturing marijuana, police said.
He was being held at the Mecklenburg County Jail on a $80,000 bond, police said.
Man arrested after high-speed chase
CORNELIUS – A high-speed chase that began in Cornelius ended in Charlotte with an arrest after an alert neighbor in the Alexander Chase subdivision called police over a suspicious vehicle.
The neighbor called police after seeing a strange man walk out of an Amberside Road East home around 10:45 a.m. Jan. 21. The man refused to pull over when police spotted his gray Mercury Grand Marquis a few moments later, police said.
Cornelius and Charlotte-Mecklenburg police and their helicopter followed the car into Charlotte and onto Westridge Road where a man jumped from the car, police said. A few moments later the car stopped. Police arrested 24-year-old Aaron Joshawn Savage and charged him with two counts of felony breaking and entering, two counts of larceny after breaking and entering, fleeing to elude arrest, speeding, reckless driving and driving with a revoked license, the Mecklenburg County jail log said.
He was being held at the jail on a $70,500 bond, the log said.
Police are still searching for the man that jumped from the car.
HUNTERSVILLE – Excluding routine citations, the Huntersville Police Department reported the following charges, including the places and dates of arrests, from Jan. 18 to 24:
• John Matthew Little, 39, possession of marijuana, at 12899 Gilead Road. Jan. 20.
• Kameron Marcel Derr, 17, possession of marijuana, at 9429 Shepparton Drive. Jan. 20.
• Alex Sandoval, 16, felony possession of marijuana with intent to sell and deliver, at 9429 Shepparton Drive. Jan. 20.
• Nichols Marc Lockard, 20, possession of marijuana, at 102 Gilead Road. Jan. 20.
• Sean Christopher Lind, 37, DWI, at 8600 Gilead Road. Jan. 21.
• Robert Waid Speckman, 40, possession of marijuana, at 502 N. Old Statesville Road. Jan 21.
• Michael Dean Griffin, 21, possession of marijuana, at 8500 Castledown Road. Jan. 21.
• Brittany Michelle Lester, 20, underage consumption of alcohol, at 9399 Sam Furr Road. Jan. 22.
• Joe Stanley Hartsell, 37, DWI, at 9300 Sam Furr Road. Jan. 22.
• Christopher Michael Goff, 25, DWI, at 15299 Sam Furr Road. Jan. 22.
• Jeffrey Earl Hamilton, 34, theft, at Kohl’s Department Store, 9743 Sam Furr Road. Jan. 22.
• Shon Carlos Ruden, 40, Smith, DWI, at 103 N. Old Statesville Road. Jan. 22.
• Allen Clinton Bellamy, 64, DWI, at 10899 Statesville Road. Jan. 23.
CORNELIUS – Excluding routine citations, the Cornelius Police Department reported the following charges, including the places and dates of arrests, from Jan. 18 to 25:
• Brandon Mario Wright, 26, worthless check, at 20209 W. Catawba Ave. Jan. 19.
• Joshua William Guthric, 18, possession of drug paraphernalia, at 19400 Coachman’s Trace. Jan. 19.
• Aaron Joshawn Savage, 24, felony breaking and entering, at 2836 Old Steelcreek Road, Charlotte. Jan. 20.
• Jacob Lauderback, 18, possession of a controlled substance, at 2100 Harken Drive. Jan. 21.
• Gerobe Arnell Lowery, 44, theft, at 20125 N. Main St. Jan. 21.
• Lauren Alyssa Walker, 23, drunk and disruptive, at 17144 Kenton Drive. Jan. 23.
• Amy Peterson Gore, 42, DWI, at 18615 Statesville Road. Jan. 23.
• Travis Alan Rodesiler, 18, injury to personal property, at 17549 Tuscany Lane. Jan. 24.
• Ellen Zanky Cooper, 27, child abuse, at 10500 Washam-Potts Road. Jan. 24.
DAVIDSON – Excluding routine citations, the Davidson Police Department reported the following charges, including the places and dates of arrests, from Jan. 15 to 22:
• Timothy Cashion, 46, DWI, at 350 Spinnaker Drive. Jan. 15.
• Benny Allen, 36, drunk and disruptive, damage to property and resisting arrest, at 512 Catawba Ave. Jan. 17.
• Roman Augustus Hunsucker, 35, DWI, at Davidson-Concord Road. Jan. 20.
HUNTERSVILLE – The Huntersville Police Department received the following reports of crimes from Jan. 18 to 24:
• 16100 block of Grassy Creek Drive. Jan. 19.
• Electri-Cities, at 11316 Sam Furr Road. Jan. 21.
• 11700 block of Windy Mist Way. Jan. 21.
• Advanta Clean, at 107 Parr Drive. Jan. 24.
• 16600 block of Grapperhall Drive. Jan. 24.
• 16400 block of Northcross Drive. Jan. 20.
• 15200 block of N. Old Statesville Road. Jan. 19.
• Gamestop, at 8830 Lindholm Drive. Jan. 18.
• Kohl’s Department Store, at 9743 Sam Furr Road. Jan. 22.
• Victoria’s Secret, at 16805 Birkdale Commons Pkwy. Jan. 22.
• 400 block of Greenway Street. Jan. 18.
• 12400 block of Old Statesville Road. Jan. 20.
• 8700 block of Pinnacle Cross. Jan. 19.
• 100 block of N. Church Street. Jan. 21.
• Lake Norman Charter School, at 12435 Old Statesville Road. Jan. 24.