The Mecklenburg County Health Department conducted inspections of the following restaurants from Nov. 22 to Dec. 5:
Lancaster’s BBQ, 94.5
9230 Beatties Ford Road
• No sanitizer spray prepared for cleaning.
• Grass killer stored in dish washing-dry goods area.
Mandarin Restaurant, 95.5
9548 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road
• Employee food items stored above uncovered food products.
• Raw chicken stored over raw beef and pork inside walk-in cooler.
14211 Reese Blvd.
• Food containers with sticker residue stuck on the side.
• Cutting board needs replacing.
Panera Bread, 9905 Knockando Lane, 97; Chick-fil-A, 16915 Statesville Road, 98; La Unica Mexican Restaurant, 9121 Sam Furr Road, 98; Brixx Pizza, 16915-A Birkdale Commons Pkwy. 98.5; Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries, 9826 Gilead Road, 101.5.
Dragon Buffet, 94
20430 W. Catawba Ave.
• No sanitizer available.
• Garlic and oil not stored in cold holding unit.
Osaka Japanese & Chinese Restaurant, 95
17115 Kenton Drive
• Raw fish stored over bean sprouts in the walk-in cooler, and raw shrimp stored over beef.
• Mold in ice storage bin.
Big Bites Grill, 20430 W. Catawba Ave., 98; Pho Nam Vietnamese Cuisine, 18059 W. Catawba Ave., 96; Sushi @ The Lake, 19732 One Norman Blvd., 97.
Flatiron Kitchen and Taphouse, 95
215 S. Main St.
• Cooked rice left uncovered in walk-in cooler.
• Chlorine concentrations not correct in sanitizers.
The Egg at Davidson Café, 95.5
231 Griffith St.
• Food debris on some plates and utensils after cleaning.
• Some eggs not stored in cooler.
Ming’s Bistro, 624 Jetton St., 96; Sabi Asian Bistro, 130 Harbour Place Drive, 98; Subway, 130 Harbour Place Drive, 96.5.
China Express, 123-C Trade Court, 98, Iron Grill, 125 Trade Court, 99; Lowe’s South, 1000 Lowe’s Blvd. – 100; The Prickly Pear, 761 N. Main St., 96.5
About the grades
Restaurants are given grades of A for scoring at least 90 percent, B for 80 to 89 percent and C for 70 to 79 percent. The state revokes permits for restaurants that score below 70 percent.
Restaurants are eligible for two bonus points if an employee has completed a food service sanitation program within three years. For more details on grades go to http://mecklenburg.digitalhealthdepartment.com/.
For more details on grades for Iredell County restaurants, go to www.co.iredell.nc.us/Departments/Health/ratings.asp.