The Mecklenburg County Health Department conducted inspections of the following restaurants from Nov. 7 to 21:
• Dragon Express, 9815-G Sam Furr Road: 94.5
Minced garlic observed in melted ice bath at 50 degrees. Cold food must be stored at 45 degrees or lower. Shrimp observed cooling while wrapped in plastic wrap. Food should be cooled before wrapping.
• Waffle House, 14106 Statesville Road: 95
Chlorine sanitizer not properly diluted. Food cooled with ice on prep table above 45 degrees, the highest allowable temperature for storage. Return visit required to verify cooler repaired.
• Bennington Bagels & Coffee Co., 8142-C Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road: 96
Observed build-up on meat dispenser. Mold build-up noticed in ice shoot of ice dispenser. Both cleaned while inspector was on site. Flies observed in kitchen area. Hand sink in need of repairs.
• Tony’s Pizza, 9548 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road: 96
Sandwich prep cooler in need of repair. Some sandwich meats and cheese held at temperatures above 45 degrees, the highest allowable temperature for storage. Pizza not time labeled.
• Harris Teeter, 7715 Regency Lake Drive: 101
• Food Lion, 9129 Sam Furr Road: 100
• Huntersville Oaks Cafeteria, 12019 Verhoeff Drive: 100
• Wendy’s, 14139 Statesville Road: 100
• Red Mango, 9918 Knockando Lane: 99
• IHOP, 16801 Caldwell Creek Drive: 98
• Little Caesars, 102 N. Statesville Road: 97
• Bellacino’s Pizza & Grinders, 20129-F N. Main St.: 88
Employee drinks stored on prep table without lid and straw. Excessive mold build up inside ice machine. Dishwasher not sanitizing properly. Re-inspect required. Flies observed in the kitchen area. Some employees preparing food without wearing hair net.
• Gators Hometown Grill & Bar, 19707 Liverpool Pkwy.: 96.5
Employee observed not washing hands between handling raw and ready to eat foods. Several soiled towels being used to clean.
• Tree of Knowledge Grill, 19733 Statesville Road: 96
Chlorine in cleaning solution below required levels. Fried chicken temperature below required levels.
•Harris Teeter, 19815 North Cove Road.: 101.5
• Food Lion, 20125 N. Main St.: 100
• Lowes Foods, 17001 Kenton Drive: 100
• Mac’s Speed Shop, 19601 Liverpool Pkwy.: 98
• Fuel Pizza, 402 South Main St.: 99.5
• The Pines at Davidson, 400 Avinger Lane: 99
• Gail’s Country Café, 631 N. Main St.: 91.5
Sandwich prep unit was too warm. No thermometers were available. Dishwasher not sanitizing properly.
• Big Time Subs, 373 E. Plaza Drive: 96
• Dockside Deli and Catering, 123 E. Trade Court: 99
• J’s Chinese, 326 E. Plaza Drive: 99
• La Patisserie Bakery Café, 627 N. Main St.: 98
• MJ’s Bar and Grill, 279 Williamson Road: 98.5
• The Wine Dive, 807 Williamson Road: 100
About the grades
Restaurants are given grades of A for scoring at least 90 percent, B for 80 to 89 percent and C for 70 to 79 percent. The state revokes permits for restaurants that score below 70 percent.
Restaurants are eligible for two bonus points if an employee has completed a food service sanitation program within three years.
For more details on grades go to http://mecklenburg.digitalhealthdepartment.com/.