CHARLOTTE – The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Board of Education plans six public forums to discuss changes for area schools. The changes, proposed by district staff at the board work session Sept. 28, would take effect for the 2011-12 school year.
During each forum, board members will discuss changes relevant to schools in the surrounding area. The dates and times of the forums are as follows:
• Thursday, Oct. 7, from 6 to 8 p.m. Hopewell High School (auditorium), 11530 Beatties Ford Road. Schools discussed will be Hopewell High, Davidson IB Middle, Alexander Middle, Hornets Nest Elementary, Winding Springs Elementary, Ranson Middle, North Mecklenburg High and Torrence Creek Elementary.
• Oct. 12, time TBA. Government Center (Room 267), 600 E. 4th St.
• Oct. 14 from 6 to 8 p.m. Vance High (auditorium), 7600 IBM Drive.
• Oct. 20 from 6 to 8 p.m. East Mecklenburg High (auditorium), 6800 Monroe Road.
• Oct. 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. West Mecklenburg High (auditorium), 7400 Tuckaseegee Road.
• Oct. 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. South Mecklenburg High (auditorium), 8900 Park Road.
For more information on the forums and the proposed changes, visit the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website, www.cms.k12.nc.us.