Book culls knowledge from successful business owners
DAVIDSON – Sam Frowine has distilled the experiences of highly successful business owners into a body of knowledge that can be used to create economic health in any business, from start-up to significant enterprise.
He has written “Lifeblood: How Owners Who Survived Will Thrive in the New Economy.”
Frowine's conclusion, business owners will survive when everything else has passed away, is based on his dive into the lives of business owners who have survived and thrived despite a challenging economy.
Ingersoll Rand develop sustainability measurement tool
DAVIDSON – Ingersoll Rand and the Industrial Research Institute have developed a Maturity Model for Sustainability in New Product Development.
The assessment tool helps organizations benchmark progress toward sustainability goals while driving new product development growth along the triple bottom line of people, planet and profits.
This tool helps leaders throughout an organization better understand the areas where teams are excelling and where there is opportunity for growth through product management,” said Jeff Hynds, director of innovation at Ingersoll Rand. “At Ingersoll Rand, including sustainability in our product development process is a strategic decision based on the recognition that customers are demanding more sustainable products and services. “
Get the tool at www.iriweb.org.
Aquesta reports increased earnings
CORNELIUS –Aquesta Financial Holdings, which includes Aquesta Bank, announced first quarter net income of $428,000 compared to net income of $347,000 for the first quarter of 2013.
Aquesta’s total assets increased to $236.1 million at March 31, compared to $233.9 million at Dec. 31, 2013. During that same period, total loans grew to $137.2 million compared to $130.3 million, or annualized growth rate of approximately 21 percent.
Corporations form around lake area
RALEIGH – The N.C. Secretary of State reported the following firms were registered April 11-17. Items are listed by name, applicant and address:
• ATG. USA LLC – Thomas Tragesser, 8804 Magnolia Estates Drive, Cornelius.
• Battleboro Solar LLC. – Olee Olsen Jr., P.O. Box 1395, Cornelius.
• Blanchette Research LLC – Christopher Blanchette, 207 McConnell Drive, Davidson.
• Cottonwood Solar LLC – Michael Whitson, 442 S. Main St., Suite 12, Davidson.
• BroadCreek LLC – John Salony, 8600 Glade Court, Huntersville.
• Center Shot Archery LLC – Sherie Haymore, 13134 Centennial Commons Pkwy., Huntersville.
• D&L Properties LLC – Donald Midgett, 15823 Hubbard Road, Huntersville.
• Drew Maher Inc. – Drew Maher, 13335 Glencreek Lane, Huntersville.
• Davidson Lifeline Inc. – Richard Kline, 230 S. Main St., Davidson.
• Family Coin Launderette LLC – Martin Brennan Jr., 13801 Reese Blvd. W., Suite 110, Huntersville.
• Front Porch Ventures LLC – Antonio Gonzalez, 9644 Gilead Grove Road, Huntersville.
• Gateway Home Management Services LLC – Paul Wills, 9202 Rayneridge Drive, Huntersville.
• Hob Knob Brewing Company LLC – Jeffrey Lever, 12607 Mayes Road, Huntersville.
• Inner Compass Counseling, Coaching, and Consulting Services LLC – Gerald Brown, 19428 Fridley Lane, Cornelius.
• Kittle Brothers Trucking LLC – Zac Kittle, 6610 McIlwaine Road, Huntersville.
• Nikrooz Enterprises Inc. – Ali Nikrooz, 20422 Queensdale Drive, Cornelius.
• Pop's BBQ Smokehouse Inc – Clyde Beal, 19901 S. Main St., Cornelius.
• Practical Acupuncture Corporation – Lennox Morris, 8438 Strathburn Court, Apt. 2M, Huntersville.
• Rufus Crophopper LLC – John Hanzel, 19425 G Liverpool Pkwy., Cornelius.
• SMR Publications LLC – Hannah Martin, 11330 Vanstory Drive, Suite 109d, Huntersville.
• Southeast Fund III LLC – Rosemary Butler, 21201 Senlac Lane, Cornelius.
• Team Creatif USA LLC – Shawn Copeland, 215 S Main St., Suite 301, Davidson.
• Tekrevision LLC – Glen Carpenter, 452 S. Main St., Suite H, Davidson.
• The Robin Emmons Group LLC – Robin Emmons, 8008 Leisure Lane, Huntersville.
• Thunderbird Charter School LP – Michael Babbitt, 13004 Heath Grove Drive, Huntersville.
• Wiley C. Properties LLC – Steven Haimbaugh, 15947 Jetton Road, Cornelius.